Wednesday, March 7, 2012

LTTSA Juggling Balls and Drawstring Bag


This month I picked out the Juggling Balls and Bag patterns from our LTTSA instead of the playtown. I know my boys very well and they'd much rather throw something than sit and play nicely. Which is why I didn't fill the juggling balls with dried beans or rice to give them a nice weight for juggling, but just stuffed em full of fiberfil. Now they don't hurt to chuck at someone :)


Anyway,
In the spirit of scrappiness that's been floating around blogdom lately, I felt it absolutely necessary to make this set from my leftover primary scraps from my scalloped quilt in Curves Class. 


Hence the fun quilty look on the bag. I used the lining to make the outer and inner pieces of the bag and edge stitched all of my seams. The ball size I went with was the larger 3" diameter.


And of course, Since this is a birthday present for my baby (how the heck is he almost 1yr old already!!!), I had to throw a quick monogram on the bag. I saved the letter from making this and am now glad I did.


I really couldn't be happier with how this project came out. The pictures don't really do it justice because you can't see how nice and sturdy the bag feels or how cool the grossgrain ribbon looks as the handles. Pictures do, however, hide my atrocious handstitching job on the balls.
I've really been diggin' the primary colors lately. More fun pics to come of what else has gotten primary-ed. Like my bathroom re-accessorizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!