Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Make Tissue Paper Patterns Stiff

I had an "Aha!" moment today. I was cutting out the pattern for a pair of mary jane style slippers, and was thinking how much I hate flimsy tissue paper patterns. I wanted a way to make the pattern stiff that didn't involve tracing it to another paper. So here it is!

Step 1: Iron your tissue paper pattern to remove the creases. 
Step 2: Tear off a piece of Freezer Paper that is the same size or slightly larger than your pattern.


Step 3: Iron the pattern to the freezer paper (shiny plastic side to the pattern).


 Step 4: Cut out your now stiff pattern pieces.


Yay! I love simple solutions. Bonus: the pattern is now easier to read because of the white paper backing it. Now, the paper doesn't stick forever. It can be peeled apart, but a quick hit with the iron sticks it back together.  I was able to pin through the pattern without any problems or separating. Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!