Monday, April 6, 2015

Putting Vermicompost Tea to a Test

I am making my second batch of AAVCT (actively aerated vermicompost tea). And I decided today to put it to the test. These are a pair of two-year-old cubanelle pepper plants (the dark plant is a purple flash pepper-we don't care about it).

As you can see, they are yellow and looking poor in spite of producing a small pepper already this year and having several new peppers forming. This is caused by a lack of nutrients. I have watered it properly, but it has used up the nutrients and in its pot. There is also a small population of pill bugs and small black ants that like to farm aphids on the leaves.according to everything I've read, the tea should help control the bugs and should offer a good amount of fertilizer to the plant.

Here is the test: I will take a picture of these plants every day and give them 3 cups of AAVCT. You can help me monitor the plants health in real time so that we can see if AAVCT is all it's cracked up to be. I will not fertilize or water the plants other than the tea that I give them. So, here we go.

Day 1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!